Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 Goals

Oh hey there 2016! Let me tell you, you have some BIG shoes to fill just because 2015 was so amazing in just about every way. At the beginning of last year, I listed my goals for 2015 and well kinda sorta forgot about it! :) I did try to work on things from the list BUT it definitely was not deliberate.  So many of my goals for this year will be to attempt to work at a better me which, I realize, is a constant work in progress.My goals for this year are:

-To be more present-
I am starting to notice that the older I get, the more the days literally seem to melt away. I mean, I thought this summer went by fast, but this holiday season! Whew I almost blinked and now I feel like it is time for school to start back. Ahh too soon! So I want to make a conscious effort to be more present in my daily activities--no matter how big or how small.

-Pray-
This is a must. I pray every single day but I want to continue to develop my relationship with God. I said something very similar this time last year. It is so so easy to get caught up with the hustle and bustle of our daily lives that many times, I don't feel like I have enough time to sit and have a full devotion with God.  This gets me no where since I usually end up feeling way less than whole on these days. Thankfully, God knows even without us having to say anything, he knows. Even on my toughest, roughest days I could feel God's presence and for that I am so thankful.

-Time Management-
This got way harder as the year progressed and there were more things added into the mix. I feel like the pinnacle was this summer when I decided to take on not one but TWO new jobs while simultaneously house hunting and planning a vacation. I'm still unsure of what the heck I was thinking at the time but at the end of the summer I was exhausted and it was time to begin the fall semester at school! Though I am very thankful for the opportunities God has blessed me with, I will be the first to admit that I may have bit of a tad bid more than I could chew. This year, I hope to get back to my usual type-a planning self so I can actually get some stuff done!

-Eat Clean-
This is super cliche but I really fell of the health-nut band wagon this year! And during the holidays I am sure I've gained about 10 lbs. I have to do better and not to mention, we have a wedding to prep for! Eeek #shreadingforthewedding

-Be more organized-
This is a lifelong struggle but one that is so so important. As I've said before,  no matter how hard I try, stuff just seems to accumulate all around me. And I really hate stuff. I have the Lilly Pulitzer planner as well as my desk calendar that I use daily.

-Travel!-
This past summer when we took our summer vacay, we decided to take a plane for the first time ever. And the travel bug has been all over me ever since! I vowed that it would be a long long time before I want to drive anywhere else again haha. Ahh I can not wait for the next adventure.


I am really looking forward to this year and all it has to bring. I pray for many blessings and prosperity all around!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment