Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Goals


Well hello 2015 nice to finally meet you! 
I have always had this thing with numbers. I love it when they end in zero's or five's. This includes pretty much everything from bank account numbers to the time I wake up. I'm weird like that ;) I don't really like the word 'resolution' because it seems so permanent...so final and formal. I love a good list, so I thought I'd share a list of my goals for this year. 
-One-
Pray More, Dwell Less
This year I plan to continue to grow my relationship with Jesus. My type A personality makes this a little difficult at times. From the weather to my grades, I tend to dwell on things that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I am a work in progress. We all are.  But I am so glad that I don't have to worry about how everything is going to work because I know it will. Thankfully I can give any and everything to Him and know he'll work it out. I am AMAZED every single day by God's grace and mercy and I can not wait to grow closer to Him and continue to develop our relationship
-Two-
Run a marathon. Or at least a 10k. 
So far I can run a 5k but I've been to chicken to sign up for an actual race. I really have no idea why other than I always seem to find an excuse valid reason not to. I started running long distances in high school and have always enjoyed running but I'd do it then stop then start back again.This year I plan to bite the bullet, improve my pace and sign up for some actual races. 
-Three-
Eat healthier and drink more water. 
This goal will make number two A LOT easier if I can accomplish it. However,  the fatty foods and soda seem to always be on sale no matter where I go and I am a sucker for anything that's convention and less pricey.  
-Four-
Continue blogging.
 I am definitely still learning the ropes but it has been almost an entire year since I started this blog and it has been such an amazing experience so far. I have met so many amazing people and everyone has been so supportive! Its also super fun to see and get ideas from other bloggers. And I love being able to document the little happenings in my life and look back on them.
-Five-
Volunteer more
I love being able to give back and pay it forward.
-Six-
Be more organized. 
No matter how hard I try, stuff just seems to accumulate all around me. And I really hate stuff. I am really going to try to make a conscious effort to be more organized and eliminate some of the clutter out of my life.
-Seven-
Travel more.
 There is so much world out there. I can not wait to see it! 
-Eight-
 Practice patience. 
This is a constant struggle and it goes back to my Type A personality. (Seriously it's a blessing and a curse) I hate having to wait for things but the older I get, the more I realize the importance of being patient and just waiting it out. Good things really do come to those who wait.
-Nine-
Appreciate!
This year I hope I can learn to appreciate the season I am in. Too many times I have looked back on a particular time in my life, no matter how rough it was, and thought, 'wow that really wasn't that bad'. Or, 'I wish I'd actually embrace that time instead of rushing through it'. I also plan to make a valiant effort to show those around me how much I appreciate them :)

post signature


0 comments:

Post a Comment