Thursday, September 24, 2015

Summer Reads

Ahh this quote is so SO true and it describes my life perfectly!

It is no secret that I love reading. Its my favorite. Summer is that time of year when I have time to actually stop and catch up on things such as sleeping like a regular human being again :) and read. On any given summer day, as long as I'm not working, you can find me with my nose in a good book. This summer I found some amazing books. I didn't get around to reading as many as I would have liked since I got all ambitious and picked up a second job this summer, but I really enjoyed the ones I was able to read.
Here are just a few of the books I read this summer:

 A few of my favorites were:


Some Luck by Jane Smiley 
I would have to say this was one of my favorites. It began in the 1920s and followed a family that lived on a farm. It narrated the lives of each member of the family over a 30 year span and covered everything from the war and great depression to loss and triumph. 

Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand
This is probably my 4th or 5th novel by Elin Hilderbrand and by the end of each one of them I am left wanting more. My only complaint was that it took place around Christmas time which I did not want to think about when it was 840580 degrees outside ;)

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
Let me just say that this novel was deep--I really know of no other way to put it. It took place 
in the late 1800s to early 1900s and was based off of a true story of real-life orphan trains. It was a lot more than I'd bargained to read during what was supposed to be a vacation. It was an ah-mazing plot and story line, there were just some parts of it that were a little hard to swallow and unexpected. However, if I'd been prepared, then I'm sure the experience would have been a bit different. Nonetheless, I would defiently recommend it just be prepared to read it with a very open mind.

I wasnt able to read my all time favorite novel but there's always time for that.  This summer was seriously a blessing. I love being able to take a break and unwind a little and  I seriously love reading. Some people shop, others may travel, I read :)

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment