Thursday, October 30, 2014

State Fair

Once the leaves truly begin to change around here, the South Carolina State Fair also rolls around. This has been a tradition for my family since I can remember! When I was younger, I would look forward to riding the rides every year...but as I've gotten older, I look forward to the food for sure! ;) Most of my family are 'anti-selfies' but rest assured,  it was truly a family adventure with my mom as the photographer ;)


Baby Chicks! 



Funny story about these baby chicks: These cute little ducklings were sliding down this little slide one at a time. It seemed like so much fun until my mom informed me that they hate getting wet at this age...and that they weren't voluntarily falling but rather being pushed by one another! Very entertaining but apparently not for the baby ducks. Poor things


Then we went to check out the bigger birds

and I found cubby's twin :) No one else in my family saw the resemblance except me. :)
 
Impromptu photo opp duh ;)


This is pretty much all I go for every. single. year. Fried goodies. Um. Yum! This little stand takes treats, dips them in batter and serves em up fried with powdered sugar.


They have everything you can think of...even fried butter. Yep, that's right. This year I tried the fried Snicker bar...I usually do the fried Oreos. After trying the Snicker, I think I'll just stick to the Oreos ;)

Then in true fall fashion, we headed over to see the Great Pumpkin(s) 
I dont think I have ever seen a pumpkin that weighed twice as much as I did.

On this particular night, I found two ;)

I love love love little family outings that involve awesome food and fun! I kinda wish the fair 'lived' here that way we could have Fried Oreos all year round :)


1 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I love a good old-fashioned fair!

    ReplyDelete