Thursday, July 10, 2014

Movie Review: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Disclaimer: If you or anyone you know is going to see this movie, be sure to go earlier in the day OR to Starbucks for a Venti Macchiato :)  
Last weekend, Keith and I went to see...
Transformers!
Don't get me wrong, we actually do see a lot of chick flicks too! Way more than I care to admit. But for any guy who willingly watches hours of Desperate Housewives reruns and who keeps up with the latest episode of Scandal and Dance Moms deserves a little man movie time if you ask me. Its all about compromise :) Now I can't say this movie was so great and mind-blowing. but I can say that it was okay and loooonnnggg! But very action-y towards the middle/end. This was the first movie of the series that did not feature Shia Lebeouf which I was pretty bummed about; but it was still directed by Micheal Bay who is a certified genius in his own rite. 
The story line centered around a single father and mechanic, Cade Yeager,  (Mark Wahlber) who was pretty much just trying to make it.  His daugter Tessa (Nicole Peltz, is a senior in high school who cannot wait to leave from under her dad's roof. Cade uses the money of a friend to buy an old run down truck in an attempt to fix it and potentially get a a cash reward. But we all know what happens with the best-laid plans. This truck turns out to be the leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen).
Pros: 
  • The ultimate pro was the transforming! #duh. I love it when they cars actually turn into real walking/talking beings
  • There was the perfect balance of action and romance {Go see it! You'll see it kind of turns into The Notebook all the way at one point :) }
  • I loved it that they writers stuck to the original plot and story line of Transformers that we know and love.


Cons:
  • I've said it once and I'll say it again: This movie was looonngg! We went in at 4:00 and got out exactly at 7:00. We toyed with the idea of going to a later show, but the actual running time of the movie is about 2 hours and 40 minutes...factor in the previews and you have the Titanic all over again. 
  • There were a lot of references to the third movie. I was somewhat lost in the beginning because of these references and to be honest, I can't exactly remember what happen in the third movie. 

If you're into action movies like we are, then you'll love this movie. The 3D feature is the best thing since popcorn if you ask me and the film makers definitely took this feature and used it to their advantage. :)
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment